COOS BAY, Ore. --- The Coos Bay Fire Department said a fire damaged a mobile home on Saturday just after 11:00 p.m.
Crews responded to a report of a house fire on the four hundred block of Shorepines Place.
When fire crews arrived they found flames coming from the bedroom window.
Officials said the two residents escaped the building safely along with their dog.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the one bedroom and quickly extinguish the blaze, but the home did have smoke damage throughout the 50-year-old mobile home.
The fire investigation found a butane torch, used for lighting smoking material, had been left too close to combustible materials before it had cooled down.
- Fire damages 50-year-old mobile home
- Fire damages mobile home in Springfield
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Fire damages three Springfield homes
- 3 mobile homes destroyed in Goshen fire
- Fire destroys mobile home in Myrtle Creek
- Mobile homes catch fire in Eugene
- Family escapes mobile home fire in Eugene
- Oregon man freed from 50-year sentence after dog discovered
- Fire crews put out Springfield mobile home fire