COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- Firefighters are investigating what sparked a house fire in Cottage Grove, that left two families without a home.
Crews with South Lane Fire & Rescue were called out to the house, located off of Highway 99, at around 8:30 Friday night. When they arrived, they said there were large flames coming from the front of the house.
They said the fire was difficult to put out, because the house is split into two homes. Firefighters said no one was injured but said a family's cat didn't make it.
There are no hydrants in that area, so neighboring fire departments brought water tenders to help.
The fire investigator said they don't have an official cause yet, but said it appears accidental. They said the fire was concentrated in the home's kitchen and laundry area.
- Fire damages Cottage Grove home, displaces two families
- Car barrels into Cottage Grove home
- Cottage Grove working to contain Zombie Home
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove house fire under investigation
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man