SPRINGFIELD, Ore. --- A fire damaged a residential care facility in Springfield on Wednesday night, but all occupants of the home escaped without injury.
The first call came in around 7:30 p.m. to 2211 Clear Vue Lane.
“Fire was under control about 15 minutes after the initial crews arrived on scene,” Jeff Kronser, battalion chief for Eugene Springfield Fire, said. “Our efforts right now are concentrated on minimizing the damage and containing the water that was used to put out the fire.”
The home is operated by Columbia Care, which, according to its website, helps people with mental illnesses.
No official cause has been determined, but witnesses say it appeared to have started in the attic.
None of the six adults inside the home were injured.
Officials said they are staying the night at a hotel.
It’s unknown if or when they will be able to return to the home.
- Fire damages group home in Springfield
- Fire damages three Springfield homes
- Fire damages mobile home in Springfield
- Springfield home damaged in early morning fire
- Fire rips through Springfield home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Springfield homes threatened by garage fire
- Heat lamp sparks fire inside Springfield home
- Springfield home catches fire from furnace malfunction
- Springfield fire under investigation