Fire damages trailer in Roseburg

The fire was likely caused by combustibles being too close to a space heater.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 6:23 PM

ROSEBURG, Ore. – Firefighters responded to a fire in Roseburg Thursday afternoon.

Neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from a residence on the 1800 block of NW Goetz Street at about 2:30 p.m.

Crews arrived and found smoke coming from both the north and south sides of a single wide trailer.

The fire was extinguished, but the trailer was a total loss. Officials said the fire damage was contained to the room it started in, but the entire trailer was damaged by the smoke.

At the time of the fire, the trailer was unoccupied. One person was displaced.

The cause has been determined to be accidental and likely caused by combustibles being too close to a space heater.

The Roseburg Fire Department reminded the public to keep items like paper, bedding and furniture at least three feet away from any heating equipment. Portable heaters should be turned off when you go to bed or leave a room. Power cords should be plugged directly into an outlet.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 156884

Reported Deaths: 2293
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah31996550
Washington21360217
Marion18600287
Clackamas13449190
Lane10357131
Jackson8543118
Umatilla770782
Deschutes601665
Yamhill379769
Linn361357
Malheur335858
Polk308545
Klamath280955
Douglas257455
Josephine239056
Benton236017
Jefferson197630
Coos157621
Union130519
Columbia127721
Wasco122126
Lincoln113720
Hood River107029
Morrow105014
Crook78118
Clatsop7796
Baker6739
Curry4366
Tillamook4262
Lake3836
Harney2776
Grant2301
Wallowa1445
Gilliam541
Sherman530
Wheeler221
Unassigned00
Eugene
Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 35°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
37° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 37°
Roseburg
Cloudy
38° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 38°
North Bend
Partly Cloudy
41° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 35°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events