STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Fire damages trailer in Roseburg

The fire was likely caused by combustibles being too close to a space heater.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 6:23 PM

ROSEBURG, Ore. – Firefighters responded to a fire in Roseburg Thursday afternoon.

Neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from a residence on the 1800 block of NW Goetz Street at about 2:30 p.m.

Crews arrived and found smoke coming from both the north and south sides of a single wide trailer.

The fire was extinguished, but the trailer was a total loss. Officials said the fire damage was contained to the room it started in, but the entire trailer was damaged by the smoke.

At the time of the fire, the trailer was unoccupied. One person was displaced.

The cause has been determined to be accidental and likely caused by combustibles being too close to a space heater.

The Roseburg Fire Department reminded the public to keep items like paper, bedding and furniture at least three feet away from any heating equipment. Portable heaters should be turned off when you go to bed or leave a room. Power cords should be plugged directly into an outlet.

Eugene
Mostly Cloudy
65° wxIcon
Hi: 67° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 65°
Corvallis
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 59°
Roseburg
Partly Cloudy
67° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 67°
North Bend
Cloudy
54° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 54°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events