BREAKING NEWS Six-vehicle crash on Harrisburg bridge, minor injuries reported Full Story

Fire destroys Eugene mobile home

Fire broke out in Daneland Mobile Home Park on North Terry Street Tuesday evening

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 10:43 PM
Updated: Dec 27, 2017 4:44 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Flames ripped through a mobile home park in west Eugene, destroying a trailer just one day after Christmas.

Crews rushed to Daneland Mobile Home Park at 1199 N. Terry St. just after 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Callers reported the home was fully engulfed by flames before firefighters arrived.

One person was inside the trailer at the time of the fire, officials said, but he escaped with only minor smoke inhalation.

Battalion Chief Brian Smith of the Eugene Springfield Fire Department said the flames started in the kitchen as the man was cooking.

"Be aware while you're cooking," Smith said. "You have flammable materials like grease and other oils and heating elements and it's just one of the reasons why most fires in residents happen in kitchens."

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 81437

Reported Deaths: 1003
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah18813263
Washington11493107
Marion9933158
Clackamas701283
Lane470652
Umatilla457450
Jackson420141
Deschutes268515
Malheur250845
Yamhill185317
Linn170424
Polk138720
Klamath10437
Douglas102620
Jefferson91211
Benton8777
Union8368
Morrow6937
Lincoln67816
Josephine6165
Wasco57519
Columbia5524
Coos4873
Hood River4603
Clatsop3970
Baker3164
Crook2686
Curry1592
Tillamook1520
Lake1451
Grant1421
Harney1081
Wallowa723
Gilliam240
Sherman240
Wheeler60
Unassigned00
Eugene
Scattered Clouds
35° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 35°
Corvallis
Overcast
29° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 29°
Roseburg
Overcast
36° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 36°
North Bend
Clear
46° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 42°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events