PHILOMATH, Ore. -- An electric fan is to blame for a house fire in Philomath Tuesday night, investigators said.
Fire crews said when they arrived, the home on Benton View Drive was engulfed. Smoke and flames could be seen from the downtown area.
"When we got here we saw a house that was totally engulfed in flames. We pulled out our ladder truck and proceeded to attack it with the areal nozzle," Philomath Fire Chief Tom Miller said.
Nobody was hurt, but the home was destroyed.
- Electric fan caused Philomath house fire
- Philomath City Council considers new water treatment plant proposal
- Philomath man involved in several youth activities faces sex abuse charges
- Mother arrested in fatal crash near Philomath that killed young daughter
- Officials: Candle likely caused house fire in Roseburg
- Deputies search for owner of electric bike
- Changes coming to Eugene's Oregon Electric Station
- Dillard house fire being investigated
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Lebanon family escapes house fire