STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Fire guts Lebanon convenience store

Firefighters said a mini mart caught fire in Lebanon Monday morning. They said it is a total loss.

Posted: Oct. 30, 2017 12:23 PM
Updated: Oct. 30, 2017 12:28 PM

LEBANON, Ore. -- A mini mart in Lebanon is a total loss after it caught fire Monday morning.

The Lebanon Fire Department said the fire tore through the C & R Mini Mart at about 5 a.m.

When fire crews responded, they saw the convenience store fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire but remained on scene for hours mopping up hot spots.

Officials said the business owners live on the property and were just 50 feet when the fire took place. No one was injured and there was no damage to the neighboring home, according to fire crews.

Investigators said the fire was accidental but are still trying to figure out where the fire started. They said it is likely that an electrical malfunction caused the fire.

Article Comments

Eugene
Few Clouds
29° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 22°
Corvallis
Scattered Clouds
30° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 30°
Roseburg
Clear
30° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 30°
North Bend
Clear
32° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 26°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events