Photo Gallery 3 Images
COOS BAY, Ore. -- A house fire in Coos Bay Thursday night was intentionally set, investigators said.
The Coos Bay Fire Department responded to a report of a carbon monoxide detector activation around 6 p.m. Thursday, and while responding, the crew came across a different house with heavy smoke coming out of it.
Crews said the smoke was coming from a single-story house on 14th Street, and a woman was laying in the backyard. They said she had jumped out of a bedroom window.
The woman was transported by Bay Cities Ambulance to Bay Area Hospital for smoke inhalation and cuts to her hands and arms.
Crews forced entry through the front door and extinguished the fire in 15 minutes.
Firefighters remained on scene for two hours removing smoke from the home, mopping up and conducting a fire investigation.
The investigation revealed that flammable liquids were poured in the garage and kitchen of the home. Investigators beleive the fire started in the kitchen of the home.
The Coos Bay Police Department is referring the investigation to the district attorney.