MILLERSBURG, Ore. -- Officials are investigating a large fire that broke out Tuesday morning between the Talking Water Gardens and the ATI Wah Chang manufacturing facility in Millersburg near Albany.
The Talking Water Gardens, a recreation area, and Simpson Park were evacuated, and the road that goes through the wetlands was blocked off.
Smoke between the rare metals manufacturer and wetlands was visible in northeast Albany.
Officials with the the Albany Fire Department said the fired started at around 11:40 a.m. Crews were able to contain the fire at around 1 p.m. after it burned 10 acres. As of Tuesday afternoon, crews were still working to put out hot spots.
City officials said the fire burned in grass, debris, and trees, but a trailer used for storage was destroyed.
Scott Minders, a spokesperson for ATI Wah Chang, said the fire burned on property they owned. He said none of the buildings were damaged and no one was injured.
Officials are asking people to avoid the area as crews investigate the fire.
- Five-alarm fire leads to evacuations in Millersburg
- Millersburg residents escape after garage catches fire
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Smoke alarm recall
- Gas leak leads to evacuation in Eugene
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- House fire forces Eugene family to evacuate
- Couple escapes mobile home fire two days after replacing smoke alarms
- Study: Pesticides are killing bees at an alarming rate