Yard fire spreads to Eugene home

The resident had been doing yard work at his home on Cheryl Street.

Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 2:59 PM
Updated: Jul. 13, 2018 6:30 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Firefighters put out a fire possibly started by a weed trimmer Friday afternoon after it spread to a home in Eugene.

A resident was doing yard work at his home, 2906 Cheryl Street, when he noticed a spark.

The fire started in yard brush and spread to one side of the home, neighbors said. The blaze also spread to a portion of fencing at the residence.

The Eugene Springfield Fire Department responded.

Article Comments

Eugene
Clear
73° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 73°
Corvallis
Clear
72° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 72°
Roseburg
Clear
80° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 80°
North Bend
Overcast
52° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 52°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events