Firefighters' quick actions save Lebanon home

Burning candles are believed to have started the fire.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 5:52 AM
Updated: Apr 3, 2020 10:40 AM

LEBANON, Ore. -- Lebanon firefighters were able to get a house fire on under control Thursday.

The house fire was on the 1200 block of South Williams Street, and fire crews had to block nearby train tracks for water supply purposes.

Callers to dispatch described seeing dark smoke coming from the front of the home.

The fire chief said that the fire may have started from candles left unattended on a TV stand.

All residents were able to evacuate the home and no one was hurt because of the blaze.

The extent of the damage to the home is unknown.

Eugene
Partly Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 41°
Corvallis
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 43°
Roseburg
Clear
46° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 42°
North Bend
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 44°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events