BREAKING NEWS House passes $1.9T pandemic bill on near party-line vote Full Story

Firefighters rescue residents in Coos Bay house fire

The Coos Bay Fire Department rescued the residents of a rural home that was destroyed by a fire Friday night.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 9:02 AM
Updated: Sep 21, 2020 12:26 PM

COOS BAY, Ore.-- The Coos Bay Fire Department rescued the residents of a rural home that was destroyed by a fire Friday night.

According to officials, first responders received reports of a fire in the Libby area at around 11:20 p.m. The home was located on a narrow rural road, limiting access.

Crews arrived to find the home engulfed in flame, and stretched hose about 250 feet up a steep driveway. They located the residents of the home trapped in the back yard by the fire. They used hose streams to create a path for one resident, while the other resident was carried down a steep embankment by firefighters.

Both residents were evaluated by ambulance crews.

The home was a total loss, as was a nearby vehicle. It is believed the fire was started by a damaged extension cord.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 154878

Reported Deaths: 2206
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah31824528
Washington21099212
Marion18373285
Clackamas13328175
Lane10200126
Jackson8315111
Umatilla763982
Deschutes593459
Yamhill376764
Linn357756
Malheur334458
Polk303942
Klamath278455
Douglas244754
Josephine232849
Benton232516
Jefferson195128
Coos144019
Union128119
Columbia124821
Wasco122026
Lincoln112820
Hood River106429
Morrow104614
Clatsop7756
Crook77518
Baker6507
Curry4246
Tillamook4142
Lake3746
Harney2736
Grant2221
Wallowa1424
Gilliam531
Sherman530
Wheeler221
Unassigned00
Eugene
Cloudy
48° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 45°
Corvallis
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 47°
Roseburg
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 47°
North Bend
Cloudy
50° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 50°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events