COOS BAY, Ore.-- The Coos Bay Fire Department rescued the residents of a rural home that was destroyed by a fire Friday night.
According to officials, first responders received reports of a fire in the Libby area at around 11:20 p.m. The home was located on a narrow rural road, limiting access.
Crews arrived to find the home engulfed in flame, and stretched hose about 250 feet up a steep driveway. They located the residents of the home trapped in the back yard by the fire. They used hose streams to create a path for one resident, while the other resident was carried down a steep embankment by firefighters.
Both residents were evaluated by ambulance crews.
The home was a total loss, as was a nearby vehicle. It is believed the fire was started by a damaged extension cord.