LEBANON, Ore. – Firefighters rescued three dogs from a house fire in Lebanon Tuesday afternoon.
At about 3 p.m., firefighters arrived on scene and the person living in the home told them three dogs were inside.
The home filled with smoke quickly, the Lebanon Fire District said.
A crew went in and rescued the dogs, which were unharmed. There were no other occupants.
Officials said there was fire in the walls that moved upward and started to burn the roof. Crews used ground ladders to get to the roof to cut a ventilation hole, allowing toxic smoke to vent out of the home.
The fire was under control after about an hour.
Fifteen firefighters responded. None were injured.