Photo Gallery 1 Images
FLORENCE, Ore. - Out of more than 7,000 applicants, Florence is now one of the top 10 small communities in America being considered for a new show on Hulu. The show is called Small Business Revolution--Main Street, and it could bring almost half a million dollars to the city of Florence.
If Florence were to win they would be featured on eight episodes where hosts would come in and revamp different businesses along their "main street." They would contribute somewhere around $500,000 to make these changes.
Executive Director of the Florence Area Chamber of Commerce, Bettina Hannigan, said Florence is a special community and deserves a chance at that role.
”Florence being on the cutting edge with the City Council and the Mayor bringing this new energy into our economic development have really been innovative. They’re not doing the same old thing," said Hannigan.
Business owners in the area are naturally excited. They could receive direct funding from this program, and if nothing else they said it would boost the economy they're working in.
”Florence is being enhanced by this program. I believe that Florence is really going in a direction, and I look forward to being a culinary destination of the coast," said Marianne Brisbane, a restauranteur in Florence.
The show will be coming to tour Florence on Thursday, January 4. After the tours the final town will be chosen by a national vote.
- Florence has a shot at a national TV reality show
- City of Florence not chosen for TV program
- Hurricane Florence draws in Oregon National Guard
- Flames engulf Florence business
- Early earthquake detection system inches closer to reality
- Armed standoff in Florence ends
- Florence Wings and Wheels Fly-in and Car Show this Saturday
- It's National Waffle Day!
- Students raise money for Florence Food Share
- Florence murder suspect claims self-defense