Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. - KEZI 9 News discovered the first flu death this year in Lane County was someone who lived at an assisted living facility in Eugene.
Seven flu outbreaks that Lane County health officials are tracking in the county are all at assisted living facilities in Eugene and Springfield. Lane County health officials said they consider a flu outbreak to be more cases of the flu than they would expect at a specific location.
KEZI 9 News learned assisted living facilities have to be licensed by the state of Oregon. At least 13 assisted living facilities in Eugene and Springfield are listed on the state's website.
- Flu death in Lane County traced to assisted living facility
- Flu season hits Lane County
- Second flu-related death confirmed in Lane County
- Flu season turns deadly in Lane County
- Inmate with ties to Lane County escapes correctional facility
- Flu season in Lane County peaked between December and January
- Lane County strike looms
- Three employees at an assisted living facility are accused of encouraging elderly residents to fight one another
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail