EUGENE, Ore. -- Several cases of the flu have been confirmed in Lane County.
Lane County Public Health officials said 11 percent of cases have tested positive for the influenza virus.
They said it is better than this time last year. They said there was 34 percent of tested cases were positive with several outbreaks and eight deaths linked to the flu.
Officials said they are hopeful the positive change had to do with increased vaccination.
- Flu season hits Lane County
- Flu season turns deadly in Lane County
- Flu season has officially hit Douglas County
- Flu season in Lane County peaked between December and January
- Flu death in Lane County traced to assisted living facility
- Second flu-related death confirmed in Lane County
- Lane County strike looms
- Homeowners in rural Lane County prepare for fire season
- Lane County helping rural communities hit by winter storm
- Doctors recommend preparing for flu season