EUGENE, Ore. -- The Marcola School District assistant principal accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a Eugene School District 4J club has resigned.
Travis Tubbs, former assistant principal at Mohawk Middle/Senior High School in Marcola, has been charged with theft in connection with his time as a coach at Sheldon High School.
After being placed on administrative leave due to the investigation, he has resigned, and district officials said the school board has accepted the resignation.
Tubbs coached at Sheldon High School from 2014 to 2018. He’s accused of misusing about $3,000 from the Sheldon Mat Club account. Court documents allege he used the money for repairing his boat, fishing licenses, Halloween costumes for his children and fast food.
- Former 4J coach accused of theft resigns from Marcola School District
- Trailer burns, explodes in Marcola
- Missing Marcola man found safe
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- Marcola teacher voices concern over new logo
- 4J School District is asking for the community's help
- 4J school district scraps Camas Ridge relocation possibility
- Police arrest Marcola woman in connection with two robberies
- Marcola Household Hazardous Waste Roundup set for Saturday