SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- A former Jefferson County Sheriff's deputy is being held without bail after being accused of raping a woman and sexually abusing a minor while working for a Salem security company that previously contracted with Salem-Keizer Public Schools.
The Statesman Journal reports that 28-year-old Jorge Ulises Serrano of Woodburn was arrested Jan. 10. He was charged with first-degree rape, first-degree encouraging child sexual abuse, second-degree sexual abuse and using a child in display of sexually explicit conduct.
It wasn't immediately clear if Serrano had an attorney.
Serrano was a deputy for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office from July 10, 2017, until he was discharged on Nov. 14, 2018, according to the Oregon Criminal Justice Information Records Inquiry System.
- Former Jefferson County deputy accused of sexual abuse
- Multnomah County deputy accused of sexually abusing woman
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse
- Man accused of sexually abusing child in Lane County
- Douglas County man accused of rape, sexual abuse of minor
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child
- Gresham man accused of sexually abusing two teenage girls
- Medford man accused of sexually abusing middle school-aged girls