EUGENE, Ore. – A former Lane County deputy accused of raping a woman has been found guilty on lesser charges of second and third-degree sex abuse.
A judge will set Mathew Hitson’s sentencing date on Wednesday.
He is also facing six other charges involving two other alleged victims. Those cases will be tried together in September.
Hitson worked in the Lane County Jail before he was fired.
- Former Lane County deputy found guilty of sex abuse
- Lane County deputy fired after new sex abuse charges filed
- Lane County commissioner's son pleads not guilty to sex crimes
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Former Lane County deputy sentenced to jail
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County man sentenced to nearly 94 years in sex abuse case
- Missing man found dead in Lane County
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child