EUGENE, Ore. – A former Lane County Sheriff’s deputy is accused of raping another young woman.
Matthew Hitson was back in court Friday where he pleaded not guilty to new charges of rape and furnishing alcohol to a person under 21.
Hitson was first arrested in March when he was accused of raping an 18-year-old woman.
In April, new charges were filed against Hitson, claiming he sexually abused a woman in 2013. A judge agreed to lower his bail over the objections of prosecutors, and he was released from jail.
He was fired by the Lane County Sheriff’s after those charges were filed.
Hitson is currently in the Linn County Jail. He will be back in court on June 14 for a pre-trial conference hearing.
- Former Lane County deputy accused of raping another woman
- Lane County Sheriff's Office deputy accused of rape.
- Lane County deputies make arrest in rape case from 2007
- Deputy accused of rape arraigned in court
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Multnomah County deputy accused of sexually abusing woman
- Springfield man accused of raping and strangling woman
- Lane County Deputies search for a wanted man