EUGENE, Ore. -- The fourth annual holiday ugly sweater contest was held Saturday at Mac's at the Vet Club in Eugene.
People of all ages attended this free event where there was a raffle, live music and a visit from Santa.
Students enrolled in the Kind Tree Autism Rocks program were selling handmade beaded jewelry and ornaments.
This event was put on to raise money for camp scholarships and to support the program.
"We're having a ugly sweater contest," said attendee Mary-Mini Sirag. "Our whole way of doing things is silliness and we're raising for our programs and we're just everyone is vying with everyone else its a cut throat competition for the ugliest sweater of all over Eugene and maybe all over the world."
The catch of the event? Contestants had to come dressed in their sweater or wear a sweater they could decorate at the event.
The sweater with the most votes won, and each ticket to vote cost a dollar.
- 40th annual Senior Holiday Dinner held on Christmas Day
- Annual Operation: Food Rescue event held in Eugene
- Annual Whiteaker Block Party was held Saturday
- Cystic Fibrosis walk held in Eugene Saturday
- Illegal fireworks keep Eugene police busy on Fourth of July
- Gucci apologizes after social media users say sweater resembles blackface
- Eugene couple helps spread the holiday cheer
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips