ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A free drop-in bicycle safety clinic will be held in Roseburg at the basketball court in Stewart Park on March 24.
Douglas Education Service District’s Safe Routes to School program has partnered with Blue Zones Project Umpqua, the City of Roseburg Parks and Recreation Department, and Umpqua Valley Bicycle Outreach to offer bicycle knowledge and safety skills.
The event runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is open to the public and geared towards kids ages 2 to 17.
The drop-in clinic will include:
- Free bike repair/basic maintenance (does not include new parts)
- Bike-themed games (and prizes)
- Bike safety activity books
- Helmet/Bike fitting
- Bike safety skills courses
- Bike fleet on hand for kids to ride (best suited for upper elementary ages due to size)
- Balance bikes for kids still learning to ride
COVID-19 safety precautions will be observed.