EUGENE, Ore. – Life and Health Network hosted a free health care event at the Lane Events Center on Saturday. The event will continue on Sunday.
At the event, those in need will be able to receive free blood pressure screenings, consultations with medical doctors, free dental exams, cleanings, fillings, and extractions. People can also get free eye exams and prescription eyeglasses.
None of the services require any form of payment or health insurance.
“We've just had people saying that it’s either rent or getting their teeth fixed,” said Danny Kwon, the executive director of Life and Health Network. “They're just living with pain, so a lot of people are grateful.”
Organizers said they served about 250 people on Saturday.
The event will start at 9 a.m. on Sunday.
- Free medical clinic held in Eugene
- Free document shredding event held in Eugene
- Free herbalism workshop held Sunday
- EPD promotes free car seat clinic
- PeaceHealth clinic extends hours in south Eugene
- Free car seat safety check held Saturday
- Cystic Fibrosis walk held in Eugene Saturday
- Car show held as fundraiser in Eugene
- Occupy Medical Clinic closed Sunday, in need of new location
- NICU reunion held at Sacred Heart Medical Center