No gas leak at Lane Community College

Around 4:30 Monday morning, emergency responders were called to LCC's campus on East 30th Avenue for reports of a gas leak.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 5:24 AM
Updated: Jan 21, 2019 10:30 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Reports of a gas leak at Lane Community College Monday morning turned out to be a paint spray booth door that had been left open over the weekend, school officials said.

LCC said a heater was creating a smell of combusted gas, but Northwest Natural said it didn't find any unsafe levels of natural gas on scene. 

The call for emergency officials came in at 4:27 a.m. 

Eugene
Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 61°
Corvallis
Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 61°
Roseburg
Cloudy
63° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 63°
North Bend
Cloudy
62° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 62°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events