No gas leak at Lane Community College

Around 4:30 Monday morning, emergency responders were called to LCC's campus on East 30th Avenue for reports of a gas leak.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 5:24 AM
Updated: Jan 21, 2019 10:30 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Reports of a gas leak at Lane Community College Monday morning turned out to be a paint spray booth door that had been left open over the weekend, school officials said.

LCC said a heater was creating a smell of combusted gas, but Northwest Natural said it didn't find any unsafe levels of natural gas on scene. 

The call for emergency officials came in at 4:27 a.m. 

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 6098

Reported Deaths: 182
CountyCasesDeaths
Eugene
Mostly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 35°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 40°
Roseburg
Cloudy
45° wxIcon
Hi: 45° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 41°
North Bend
Cloudy
45° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 45°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events