EUGENE, Ore. – The COVID-19 pandemic has forced most, if not all Americans to practice social distancing and this means many are now working from home.
For those that don’t live alone, staying productive can be difficult.
Children, a spouse, or a pet demanding your attention can make it difficult to concentrate on work.
According to experts, it’s important to set boundaries between home and work life.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Tell your office when you will be offline and done with work for the day.
- Remember to take a lunch break.
- Unplug from your work email and do something fun.
- To help tune out home distractions, make a to-do list at the start of your day.
- Stay connected and reach out to your colleagues to talk about challenges they're facing and just to check in.