WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump has tweeted that he has signed the budget deal that was narrowly passed by the House in the pre-dawn hours, ending a brief government shutdown, lasting only serveral hours.
The government shutdown for a second time despite a bipartisan budget deal.
Congress failed to fund the government by midnight because conservative Senator Rand Paul took issue with the sweeping two year budget deal that comes with a half trillion dollar price tag.
Passage of the measure clears a path for huge spending increases for both the Pentagon and domestic programs.
- Government shutdown ends
- Slain rancher's family sues federal government
- Oregon government email restored after hack
- Armed standoff in Florence ends
- Springfield standoff ends in suicide
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Washington state ends death penalty
- UCC Student Government encourages students to "Be the One"
- 'Climate kids' suit against government allowed to proceed
- Lane County strike ends, tentative deal reached