SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- High school seniors will get the opportunity to get their foot in the door at local businesses during Elevate Lane County's Job Fair happening later this month.
Organizers said more than 40 businesses and companies have registered to participate. They said there will be representatives from manufacturers, apprenticeship programs, and tech companies among other businesses.
"There's a lot of different types of companies here and it will be really great to come and explore what your interests might be and while you may not know exactly what you want to do, this is an opportunity to come meet five to 10 different types of employers and you might make a connection,” said Heidi Larwick of Connected Lane County.
The job fair will be held on April 12 at the Bob Keefer Center, 250 South 32nd Street in Springfield from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Students, teachers and businesses can register to attend HERE.
- Skilled to Work: High school seniors to attend job fair
- Skilled to Work: Roseburg High School brings back auto shop
- Skilled to Work: Schools tour lumber mills
- Roseburg Goodwill holds job fair
- Skilled to Work: Hoyle highlights need for connection between schools, trade jobs
- Danebo Elementary celebrates graduating high school seniors
- Skilled to Work: Automotive technicians in high demand
- Skilled to Work: Roto Rooter struggles to find skilled workers
- Skilled to Work: Construction companies introduce high school students to the industry
- Skilled To Work: Bethel School District CTE Programs