EUGENE, Ore. -- A marijuana dispensary in downtown Eugene was burglarized early Thursday morning, and the owners there and the owners of a convenience store said they believe they were hit by the same crooks.
Police said the Burglary at the The Greener Side dispensary happened just after 5 a.m. on Thursday on Oak Street.
Video Surveillance footage shows two men wearing hoodies throwing rocks at the dispensary's front door, breaking it and then getting in. The thieves then kicked open other doors and left the scene.
The owners told KEZI 9 News the burglars didn't get away with any marijuana thanks to their security measures, but the thieves did take some pipes.
"It could've been a lot worse if we did not follow the same procedures we do every day of locking all of the cannabis products away," said co-owner Chelsea Hopkins.
They estimate the cost of stolen goods and damage to the property to be more than $1,000. Hopkins said they have already fixed the damages to their property.
Chelsea and her husband, Joseph, said they believe one of the suspects was also involved in a recent burglary at the Hilltop Market on Donald Street.
"They have the same hat, the same sweater, looks like the same build and everything," said Joseph Hopkins.
In that theft, surveillance video shows one burglar breaking in and stealing cigarettes and Juul pods.
Hilltop Market co-owner Deepez Vaidya said he also believes it's the same burglar. He said he believes the other suspect in the dispensary burglary acted as a lookout when his store was hit hours earlier. He's hoping they're caught before they strike again.
Police spokesman John Hankemeier told KEZI 9 News they will look into the possibility that the two burglaries are connected but said they are currently investigating them as separate incidents.
Police said the culprits in the dispensary burglary are men likely in their early 20s, both with a thin build. If you have information, call police at 541-682-5111.
- Greener Side break-in may be linked to Hilltop Market theft, owners say
- Two juveniles arrested in Greener Side, Hilltop Market break-ins
- Eugene police arrest vehicle theft suspect after run-in with owner
- Salmonella outbreak linked to kratom products
- Salmonella outbreak linked to backyard chickens
- Neglected horse sues former owner
- Police happen upon truck theft during surveillance
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- EPD offers tips to prevent bike theft
- Eugene police warn about bike thefts