EUGENE, Ore. – The public is invited to a groundbreaking on Friday for the new Phil and Penny Knight Campus at the University of Oregon campus.
Over the next 10 years, the campus will house about 30 researchers and their teams, generating 750 new jobs.
Cutting-edge labs are expected to attract top researchers in scientific fields new to the UO, like bio-engineers, computational scientists and immunologists.
The entire project was made possible by a $500 million lead gift from Phil and Penny Knight. The first phase, a 160,000 square-foot facility is scheduled to open in about two years.
The ceremony is happening on Friday at 1 p.m., next to the construction site in the 1300 block of Franklin Boulevard.
- Groundbreaking for Phil and Penny Knight Campus
- Nike's Phil Knight gives another $1M to Buehler campaign
- UO unveils designs for new multi-million dollar Knight Campus
- Greenhill hosts groundbreaking ceremony for expansion project
- Civic Park groundbreaking set for October
- USC holds off Oregon at Matthew Knight Arena
- University of Oregon planning changes to Matthew Knight Arena
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- UCC dedicates new building on campus
- Police shoot at cougar on university campus