GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) -- The half-brother of Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, is facing a drunken-driving charge after an arrest in Oregon.
State police said Thomas Wayne Markle Jr. was visibly intoxicated when he was pulled over at about 1:30 a.m. Friday in Josephine County, in southwestern Oregon. Authorities said his blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
The 52-year-old from Grants Pass was taken to a detox center.
Meghan Markle, a former actress, married Prince Harry last May. They are expecting their first child.
The duchess is reportedly estranged from her father's family. Thomas Markle Sr. said in a television interview last month he had not heard from her since the wedding.
Thomas Markle Jr. did not appear to have a listed phone number, and it was not clear how to reach him for comment.
- Half-brother of Meghan Markle arrested on DUI charge
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry expecting first child
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle celebrate nuptials
- The racist online abuse of Meghan Markle has put royal staff on high alert
- DA: Woman acted in self-defense when she fatally shot half-brother
- Deputy killer was half-brother of man who shot Oregon chief
- Two arrested in shooting of Trail Blazer's brother
- Civic Alliance reaches half its financial goal
- Blind walker completes first half marathon
- Man accused in fatal DUI back to jail following ICE arrest