Photo Gallery 3 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A man suspected of attacking another man with a claw hammer is being held on a $1 million bail.
The man accused, Richard Dockery was formally charged Friday with attempted murder, assault, unlawful use of a weapon, and menacing charges.
The district attorney asked a judge to set the bail at $2,000 because Dockery is dangerous and has a history of violence.
READ MORE: Suspect in Coquille hammer attack caught
He was captured at his home early Thursday morning after a 12-hour manhunt.
Dockery is accused of entering the bar at the Four Seasons Inn and hitting a man with a hammer. Officials said he also tried to hurt three other men who intervened.
- Hammer attack suspect formally charged with attempted murder
- Man formally charged with attempted murder after nail salon attack
- Suspect in Coquille hammer attack caught
- Prosecutor: Coquille hammer attack suspect tried to hurt three others
- Police searching for suspect after hammer attack in Coquille
- Man accused of killing grandfather formally charged with murder
- Bend man accused of attacking sleeping roommate with hammer
- Suspect sought for sexually assaulting woman, threatening her with hammer
- Creswell woman formally charged with theft in charity case
- Police: Masked man steals SUV, faces attempted murder charge