EUGENE, Ore. -- A vehicle was trapped by a fallen tree in Eugene Monday morning as heavy snow caused dangerous driving conditions in the Willamette Valley.
The tree fell on the vehicle at about 6:30 a.m. on Washington Street between West 6th and 7th avenues in Eugene. Police said the driver of the vehicle was unharmed.
Around the same time, a Lane Transit District bus got stuck on Washington Street while attempting to make a left turn.
The Lane Transit District is suspending all service.
- Heavy snowfall causes dangerous driving conditions in Eugene
- Dangerous driving conditions on Santiam Pass
- Seattle slips and slides through unusually heavy snowfall
- Heavy rain causes minor flooding in Eugene
- Eugene's rat infestation putting pets in danger
- Police warn teens about driving dangers
- Firefighters facing dangerous conditions as Terwilliger Fire explodes
- Eugene Family YMCA holds school supply drive
- Man with ax yields heavy police presence in south Eugene