ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A high-risk sex offender was arrested in Douglas County after he tampered with his GPS unit at about 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials arrested Gregory Wayne Ferguson, 56, Wednesday evening.
He was last known to be on a bike trail in Roseburg, east of Gaddis Park, when he tampered with the unit. His mother lives in Eagle Point, so Ferguson may have been heading to Jackson County by Greyhound bus or hitchhiking.
Douglas County Community Corrections said Ferguson has a significant history of violence against adult women. He may also target adolescent males.
- High-risk sex offender arrested in Douglas County
- Klamath Falls detectives arrest Texas sex offenders
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes
- Deputies: Predatory sex offender back in custody
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Arrest made in in Douglas County murder
- Man booked on multiple sex crimes in Douglas County
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County