BRIDAL VEIL, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a 64-year-old man fell from a trail while hiking and died in the Columbia River Gorge.
Media outlets report that authorities were called Tuesday afternoon to help a man who had been hiking with family members when he fell along the Bridal Veil Trail.
The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says people nearby had started CPR before medics arrived but that the man died at the scene.
The sheriff's office says the man fell about 50 feet.
His name wasn't released.
- Hiker dies in fall from Columbia River Gorge trail
- Columbia River Gorge trail closures
- Popular Columbia Gorge waterfall trail reopens after Eagle Creek Fire
- Teen who started Columbia River Gorge wildfire pleads guilty
- Gorge to reopen portions of the old Columbia river highway
- Teen must repay $37 million for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- Deputy fires at man trying to run him over at a Columbia River Gorge trailhead
- Eagle Creek Fire hot spot flares up in Columbia River Gorge
- ODOT reopens parts of Columbia River Highway
- Oregon hiker dies after falling off Mount Storm King