Hillsboro, Ore. - A police dog named Billy who worked for the Hillsboro Police Department has died in a car accident while working with his handler.
The patrol car that Billy was riding in was struck by a car late Monday.
The human officer sustained only minor injuries but Billy suffered massive trauma and died.
The driver of the other car remained at the scene.
No citations have been issued at this point but the accident is under investigation.
- Hillsboro police dog dies after traffic wreck
- Hillsboro firefighter dies after tree falls on him while hunting
- Hillsboro homeowner fires warning shot at burglar during second intrusion
- Lawsuit settled for Hillsboro student disciplined for pro-Trump shirt
- Roseburg teen dies in fatal wreck in Dixonville
- Starving dog left at Oregon shelter dies from emaciation
- Bomb detecting police dog joins UOPD
- Police: Speed likely factor in unusual wreck on 18th
- Oregon State Police trooper dragged during traffic stop
- Honorable name given to new Lebanon police dog