UPDATE: The Row River fire destroyed seven structures including homes, out buildings and vehicles Wednesday night, according to fire officials.
Crews were able to contain the fire at about 12 acres. Firefighters worked to protect Dorena School, which is located on Row River Road.
No injuries have been reported.
Benjamin Besse, the owner of a mobile home that was destroyed said he watched 21 years of his life go up in smoke.
"All I could do is just sit out here hopeless and, that's about it," Besse said. "Just sit and watch the place go."
Marcus Kauffman, the Public Information Officer with the Oregon Department of Forestry said the fire moved quickly and the structures didn't stand a chance.
"I wasn't here on scene, but I don't think that the fire department had chance to save those structures," Kauffman said.
He said crews from ODF and South Lane Fire worked to make sure the fire didn't spread to nearby timber.
Fire officials believe the fire started in one of the structures.
It's unclear how many people were displaced from their homes.
Kauffmam said the homes involved were mobile homes or trailers.
DORENA, Ore. – A brush fire has destroyed several homes and structures in the Dorena area.
Fire crews were called out to Row River Road near milepost 11 Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said four to five structures, including homes, have been consumed by the flames.
KEZI 9 News has a crew on the scene.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Homes, structures destroyed by fire near Dorena
- Homes burned near Dorena not covered by fire district
- Fire destroys RV and parking structure in west Eugene
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- State issues advisory for Dorena Lake
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Brothers who survived Dorena fire persevere after losing everything