SISTERS, Ore. -- Hoodoo Ski Area opens Friday at 9 a.m.
Last year, Hoodoo opened December 3rd due to heavier snow storms and frozen ice.
Hoodoo Marketing Director Leif Williams said they didn't get as much snow this time around, but a recent blast of artic air brought enough snow to open the ski area.
"We had a nice arctic blast that came through that covered the mountain with about 18 inches of snow, a nice little gift for the holidays so to say," Williams said.
Lifts will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. most days through January 6th, with a few exceptions.
Williams said this year, children 7 years and younger ski for free.
Hoodoo will also host a New Year's Eve party with fireworks, and a snow ball dance party.
For more information head to their website at skihoodoo.com.
- Hoodoo Ski Area to open Friday
- Skiers and snowboarders flock to Hoodoo after recent snowfall
- Thurston Hills Natural Area to open Saturday
- Saving Santiam Pass Ski Lodge
- Eugene ski shop sees spike in business
- Fall Creek Area Partially Reopens
- Mt. Hood Meadows ski patroller hurt in avalanche
- Permits Signed to Bring Back Santiam Pass Ski Lodge
- $20,000 state grant will help renovate historic ski lodge
- Good Samaritan cleans up littered area