Hotel laundry room fire forces evacuations

Firefighters arrived on scene to a laundry room filled with smoke.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 7:58 AM
Updated: Aug 27, 2020 10:50 AM

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Guests at Guesthouse Inn and Suites were forced to evacuate after a fire broke out in a laundry room Wednesday night. 

Firefighters arrived on scene to a laundry room filled with smoke but the fire was already out. 

No one was injured but dozens of guests sat in the parking lot as firefighters tried to clear out smoke from the building. Officials say there may be smoke damage but guests were able to return to their rooms. 

Guesthouse Inn and Suites is at 3350 Gateway Street in Springfield. The fire broke out shortly before 9 p.m.

Eugene
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 67° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 47°
Corvallis
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 47°
Roseburg
Cloudy
45° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 45°
North Bend
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 45°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events