EUGENE, Ore. -Two residents are without a home after a house fire on West 3rd Avenue caused significant damage Saturday morning.
The fire started around 8:30 when the residents woke up to flames in their home.
Fire crews said they were able to evacuate everyone safely.
Eugene Springfield Fire responded with four engines, a truck, and a medical unit. They were assisted by Eugene Police. In total, 19 responders were on the scene.
Fire officials said the fire was challenging to put out because of where it was located in the home. They said it was under control but they have been monitoring the scene to be sure.
Officials said they don't yet have an estimate of how much damage was caused, but said it was significant. Crews had to cut a hole in the roof so they could put out the flames. No other homes were damaged but officials said the fire did impact part of a fence to an adjoining property.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family
- Apartment fire displaces residents, kills dog
- UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family
- Two Veneta families displaced in overnight house fires
- 15 people displaced after devastating fire
- Springfield apartment fire displaces two people
- Springfield family displaced after apartment fire
- Two escape house fire in Eugene
- House fire forces Eugene family to evacuate