NEAR FLORENCE, Ore. -- Oregon State Police said icy road conditions contributed to a crash on Highway 101 that killed one person and seriously injured two others.
Police said shortly before 11:10 a.m. on Saturday, 52-year-old Jamie Jones was driving north on Hwy. 101 when she lost control of her SUV because of the ice and snow.
Police said she entered the southbound lane and collided with a delivery truck. The driver of the truck and his passenger were taken to Florence Peace Harbor Hospital for serious injuries.
Police said Jones was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced deceased. Police said her companion dog also died in the crash.
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed on Hwy 101 south of Florence
- 1 dead, 1 injured in crash on Hwy 42
- Two injured when bus crashes on Hwy 99
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Hwy 99 crash sends 2 to hospital
- In The Garden: Filberts 101
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Two die in crash on Highway 101 near North Bend