EUGENE, Ore. -- It takes a long time to grow Poinsettias for the holiday season, and Johnson Brothers Garden Market is getting the process started.
Poinsettias are planted in July and August and are misted every two hours for the first two week when the plant roots into the container. They must be kept in 60-65 degree temperatures at all times.
Poinsettias need a lot of fertilizer to help form their beautiful blooms. They need to be inspected weekly for insects, diease, and measured for growth to make sure they're the right size.
- In The Garden: Preparing for the holidays with Poinsettias
- Travelers, gas stations prepare for holiday travel
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden
- In The Garden: Japanese-Themed Garden
- In The Garden: Hydrangeas
- In The Garden: Tips to get your garden ready
- In The Garden: Adding 'living coral' to you garden