PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Oregon State Police said a 7-month-old infant has died in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 84, and a 3-year-old child is in critical condition.
Police said the driver of the vehicle was Veronica Andrade, 39, of Boardman.
Andrade was arrested on charges including manslaughter, reckless driving, driving under the influence of intoxicants and assault.
It's unclear if Andrade has an attorney.
According to police Andrade was eastbound in a 2003 Cadillac CTS when the vehicle veered off the road and rolled early Sunday morning.
The infant died after being ejected.
Police said a 3-year-old child in the vehicle was taken to a hospital before being flown to a Portland hospital in critical condition.
According to police, Andrade also was taken to a hospital.
Andrade was arrested after she was released from the hospital.
- Infant killed, child injured in Oregon crash
- Oregon deputy kills cougar deemed threat to mother, infant
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- Semi-truck driver seriously injured in Oregon crash
- Woman tried to kidnap infant at Oregon City restaurant
- 1 killed, 1 injured in ODOT road work crashes
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others
- Fiery crash kills 2 in Oregon, closes highway
- Former Oregon teacher imprisoned for child pornography