Eugene, OR. -- In a self-written article published in the Players' Tribune, Sabrina Ionescu will return to Oregon for her senior season.
The article reads, "We have unfinished business. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. My teammates and I, our coaches, our fans, this program — we’re not going on a “run,” you know what I mean?? We’re not doing one of those things where, like, a team appears out of the blue, on the backs of a few good players, and then makes some noise for a season or two before heading back underground. Nah. This isn’t that."
The article also reads, "Ducks Nation — I’ll see you next year. Let’s see some packed houses. And WNBA — I’ll see you soon. Real soon, I promise. Just have some business to take care of first."
Ionescu was named Oregon's first Wade Trophy award for the nation's most outstanding player. She is also the NCAA leader in triple-doubles.
Ionescu averaged 19.9 points with 7.3 assists and 6.9 rebounds per game this season.
To read Ionescu's full article click here.
- Ionescu returning for senior season
- Ionescu discusses return to Oregon following season
- Herbert to return for senior season
- Ionescu wins Wooden Award
- Ionescu wins Wade, Lieberman awards
- Web Extra: Sabrina Ionescu on season expectations (11/2/18)
- Troy Dye returning for senior season at University of Oregon
- Sabrina Ionescu Sets NCAA Triple-Double Record
- Web Extra: Sabrina Ionescu and Ruthy Hebard on Ionescu's record breaking game against Ole Miss (12/17/17)
- Ionescu, Cazorla lead UO to another win vs. Texas A&M