EUGENE, Ore. -- Jasper's is laying off 172 employees across Oregon amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The changes are affecting 24 employees across the company's Eugene locations, 20 in Springfield, 11 in Roseburg, six in Cottage Grove and five in Albany.
Company officials said Gov. Kate Brown's order banning dining in at restaurants and bars has had an impact on operations. They said the layoffs are temporary.
It is not known at what time employees can return to their jobs. The best estimate is April 15, they said.
- Jasper's lays off 172 employees amid coronavirus
- Willamalane lays off 288 amid coronavirus closures
- GloryBee lays off nearly 30 employees
- Jasper State Park employee charged with sex abuse
- LCC lays off hundreds due to coronavirus-related changes
- PeaceHealth hospitals restricting visitation amid coronavirus
- Eugene Municipal Court making changes amid coronavirus
- Gun sales surge amid coronavirus concerns
- Union Pacific to lay off up to 195 employees in Hermiston
- Indian casino closes after employee gets coronavirus