ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The man who is accused of raping a woman 40 times within a three week period was back in court on Friday.
Brandon Belcher hoped to be released on his own recognizance. The judge didn't make a decision on his release but ordered a status check for the 13th.
Roseburg police arrested Belcher Saturday night at the Walmart on NW Steward Parkway.
Officers said they received several reports of a woman whispering 'Please call the police." She also had the same message written on her hand and was showing it to customers and employees.
Police arrested Belcher when he walked out of the store with the victim.
- Judge ordered status check in Roseburg rape case
- Judge rules against dismissing triple murder case against Roseburg teen
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- New developments in Roseburg triple homicide case
- Former Roseburg attorney accused of rape back in custody
- Roseburg man charged with rape, sex abuse, and sodomy
- Judges dismissed in Engler case
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Roseburg updating major intersection