JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- If you were at the Scandinavian Festival this weekend, you know there are a lot of tasty treats to choose from.
There was a long line for Junction City Fire & Rescue's Aebleskivers. It's like a pancake puff with powdered sugar and jam.
Volunteer firefighters said they've been cooking them nonstop at the festival this weekend. They said making these pastries has become a tradition.
It's their biggest fundraiser of the year. They said the money raised goes to Junction City Fire & Rescue's Volunteer Association. They in turn use that money in different ways for the community.
The Scandinavian Festival runs through Sunday night.
There's a long line for @jcfireoregon's Aebleskivers! (It's like a pancake puff!) Volunteer firefighters say they've been cooking them nonstop at the Scandinavian Festival this weekend. It's their biggest fundraiser of the year @KEZI9 pic.twitter.com/PQlLXbxkYN
— Amber Wilmarth (@amberwilmarth) August 11, 2018
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Blitzing the Preseason: Junction City Tigers
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats
- Bomb squad searches Junction City home
- Junction City wedding thief pleads guilty