JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A high school student is accused of threatening gun violence against his classmates, although he told authorities it was all just a joke.
Police say staff at Junction City High School contacted them late Friday afternoon. They allegedly showed investigators a Snapchat photo of the male student posing with a gun.
The caption on the photo allegedly read: "Don't come to school tomorrow."
Police say they immediately went to the suspect's home and said the student was cooperative. He reportedly told investigators that the photo was a joke and he had no intention of harming anybody.
Police said the weapon in the photo turned out to be an air-powered BB gun.
The student was arrested and taken to the Lane County juvenile detention center on charges of disorderly conduct and harassment.
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City teen found murdered in Idaho; 3 arrested
- Two arrested in multi-agency operation in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival
- Blitzing the Preseason: Junction City Tigers
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats