CRESWELL, Ore. -- A 12-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the suspicious death of a 92-year-old woman in Creswell, according to Lane County Youth Services.
The youth will be charged as a juvenile with murder and burglary, authorities said. He is being held at Serbu Juvenile Justice Center and will be arraigned there Friday at 8:30 a.m.
The juvenile's identity is not being released.
Erma Burnell was pronounced dead at her home in the 200 block of Creswood Drive Jan. 7.
There will be a community-wide candlight vigil tomorrow night in honor of Erma Burnell. It is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at Harry Holt Memorial Park.
For those who choose to attend bring a candle and dress for the weather as it will be outside.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police, Lane County District Attorney's Office and Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office have been investigating.
If you have any information, the sheriff's office encourages you to call 541-682-4141.
- 12-year-old arrested in connection with 92-year-old Creswell woman's death
- Neighbors suspect murder in 92-year-old Creswell woman's death
- 12-year-old suspect in Creswell murder identified
- Creswell man arrested in stabbing
- K-9 helps find missing 92-year-old Bandon woman
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Two men arrested in Creswell crash
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs