EUGENE, Ore. – Lane Transit District is announcing more changes to help slow the spread of novel coronavirus.
Starting Sunday LTD will suspend Sunday service and from Monday to Friday service will operate on an enhanced Sunday-level of service. Officials said there will be expanded hours to core routes and there will be limited service on the 92 and 96 routes.
On Saturday, there will be normal Sunday-level service.
“We understand that all of these changes are inconvenient for people, especially for passengers who rely on LTD as their primary or only means of transportation,” said Aurora Jackson, LTD’s general manager. “They were not easy decisions to make, but they were made with an abundance of caution for our employees, passengers, and the public to limit their potential exposure to the COVID-19 coronavirus.”
In the mornings, the first buses will leave the Eugene and Springfield stations at 7:30, and at night, the last buses will leave at 10:30.
RideSource will also operate on Sunday service from Monday to Saturday for essential trips. On Sundays, it will operate for medically essential trips only.
LTD’s Point2Point Business Commute Challenge has also been cancelled.
For complete details about the changes, click here.
With Gov. Brown’s stay at home order, people should only ride the bus if absolutely necessary. If you need to take public transit, officials ask that you:
- Keep six-feet away from other passengers (social distancing).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds often, and if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
LTD has also taken the following measures:
- Buses are cleaned daily with strong but safe disinfectants
- Bus service is free to all passengers, meaning that passengers enter and exit the bus from the rear doors.
- The RideSource Shopper is suspended.
- Administrative offices in Glenwood and customer service at the Eugene Station are closed.
- EmGo and the Cottage Grove Connector are suspended.
- Scheduled public meetings have been canceled.
- Employees are working remotely where possible.