LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Lane County held their yearly back-to-school event Tuesday for foster kids.
CASA gave kids in the foster care system school supplies, clothes and free haircuts.
The event had therapy dogs for kids to pet and play with and a clown making balloon animals.
“We’ve got kids with brand new Pokémon backpacks, brand new slicked back hair, just beautiful coats and dresses and all kinds of things,” said Heather Murphy, executive director of CASA. “The generosity from our community for foster kids is amazing.”
Over 100 kids attended the event this year.
- CASA of Lane County holds back-to-school event for foster kids
- Lane County holding plastics roundup event
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Lane Fire Authority holds annual 'Stuff the Truck' event
- Lane County Stand Down seeks to expand event
- Lane County provides veterans with help at Stand Down event
- Lane County strike looms
- Eugene and Lane County hold joint homelessness meeting
- Oregon foster kids removed from jail that limited tampon access
- Escaped inmate with ties to Lane County back in custody